4 MAJORS Reasons Why You Should Invest On Eyelash Primers

Hey guys!

Eyelash primers are a huge ASDFGHJKL to me, and it should be the same to you as well. If you haven't used eyelash primers before in your life, well now is the time to reevaluate your makeup routine and get yourself an eyelash primer. Before we get started I would like to mention that Western eyelash primers and Asian eyelash primers are similar and yet very different all together.

You may ask yourself, what exactly is the difference?

Well my friend, I will share to you my findings.

Asian eyelash primers are waterproof.

And of course well, Western eyelash primers are not.

This is based on the primers I have used before and tested out in stalls of course. So there might be some Asian eyelash primers that are non-waterproof and some Western eyelash primers that are waterproof. But from what I know, it probably is very little. Almost all Asian mascaras are waterproof, because probably they know what's best for our super straight pathetic lashes need that extra holding power. And when I went into Sephora looking for some eyelash primers, I noticed (more like I asked the sales lady repeated if this primer xyz was waterproof and the answer was all no) that none of the Western brands carried waterproof primers -or maybe they just don't bring it in to Malaysia's Sephora. Either way, for all you fellow Malaysians that are reading this, now you know Sephora doesn't bring in waterproof mascaras -turn your direction to Watson or Sasa and take a look at the Asian brands that carry eyelash primers :)

Before you tell me that Western brands has eyelash primers that state they have 'curling power', let me tell you something -if you have straight lashes, it does not work. That is, until you know how to use it correctly (A secret I will tell you all shortly).

I will do a quick summary of my experience with 2 Western eyelash primers I own.

Back in 2014, I was extremely active in penpalling (Yes, I send letters to people I've never met and I know it might sound lame but it's extremely fun!) and I had penpals all over the world. However due to college I stopped penpalling but I kept a few close friends that I've made :) One of this close friend of mine lives in Texas, and she had sent me a various gifts throughout the year and one of them was sample of Lancome's CILS Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base, don't get me wrong, it's a great mascara primer but it doesn't work well with straight lashes. My curls instantly deflate, and it just doesn't look flattering at all. Another experience was with my Diorshow Lash Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum, which I heard tons of great reviews about and so I went out and purchase it. However, like with Lancome, it was a total disappointment. However, after a few rounds with fiddling with eyelash primers, I learned how to get these amazing Western eyelash primers to work for me. Continue reading on if you want to know how I got them to work ;)

With that being said, let's start with 5 reasons why YOU need eyelash primers in your life.

Reason 1:

They are your lashes' best friend. 

Isn't it a little lonely for your mascara to be alone? Of course it is! That's why you should get a friend for it which is AKA eyelash primers. The moment they are used together -instant BFF magic in the happening ;)

Reason 2

They protect your lashes

Depending on the eyelash primer you use, it also conditions your eyelashes when you apply them. So when you use a waterproof mascara on top of the eyelash primer, the effects of drying out your lashes to leave them brittle is minimized.

Reason 3

They are a total cheat for creating length

Some eyelash primers have fibers in them for creating length for your lashes, the same thing as normal fiber mascaras. However, the best thing about primers with fibers in them, they clump less than mascaras! I recommendation for being an amazing lash extending primer is Kanebo Kate Mascara Base. It's waterproof also so if you have straight lashes it would hold your curls for you! If you are blessed with naturally curled lashes, Diorshow Lash Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum is the thing you need in your life! From pathetic short lashes, get ready to be wow'd by Dior's primer -because I was!

Reason 4

You won't be able to recognize your own lashes -trust me

I'll now tell you my ultimate secret for having that gorgeous looking lashes you've always dreamed off! As mentioned earlier, Western primers on its own does not work well for me personally, and this should be the same for most people with stick straight lashes like mine. However, to get that amazing looking lashes Western primers state they would give, something else is needed -Asian primers and its waterproof formula. What I do is basically use a curling and lengthening waterproof primer then followed by the Western primers :) What this does basically is it provides you a good curling strength before getting weighed down by Western primers that are not waterproof. If you follow these steps -fabulous lashes are ensured. You will never be able to use mascara on its own ever again after this.

And that concludes the 4 major reasons why YOU, my friend, should own a primer ;) So go get your own primer and bask in the 'greatnesss' of primers! Like I said a million and one times before, you won't regret it and probably will forever use it in your makeup routine!

Comment down below your thoughts on primers and what you think I should give a shot worth trying! I'd love to hear them all :)

With love,
Aly








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

Instagram: @alyylyn
Tumblr: lylicae
Twitter: @reilynnn
Google: Aly Lyn
Carousell: @alyylyn