Dior Capture Totale Base De Teint Multi-perfection Makeup Base Review

Hello all!

I'm here today to share my thoughts on Dior Capture Totale Base De Teint Multi-perfection, or in other words, as I like to call it Dior makeup base.

Here is a picture of the product:


I got this back in March, before the GST occured in Sunway's Sephora. It was priced at RM183 (51USD) so it was quite pricey, however every single penny placed into this product was well worth it. It has a very nice sleek packaging, a frosted glass encasing with a metal cover. It is also a pump applicator.

Here is how the pump looks like:


There is 30ml worth of product inside -I know it doesn't sound a lot but very little product is needed for a whole face application. I usually whole 1 + 1/2 pumps for my face and neck respectively and it lasts for the whole day.

THE PRODUCT:

PROS:

1. It has a very faint shimmer in the product that isn't really visible until you blend it into your skin. It doesn't give the whole glitter face 'do' but a subtle glow reflection. It's the kind of healthy glow you want to get without looking overly fake.

2. It has fragrance. I'm not entirely sure what it smells like, but it does smell nice; although I do prefer Guerlain's fragrance in their products more than Dior. It's not strong though, but to whoever that has a sensitive nose to smell do take note of it.

3. It evens out my skin tone. When I apply it to my face, I notice that it corrects my uneven skin tone ( I have a slight discoloration around my upper lips and redness around my nose) and lightens my skin a shade lighter. With the even skin tone, a shade fairer and having a nice glow -I feel like a princess most of the time.

4. It blends easily. I use my fingers to dot around my T-zone and ease the excess around my face before blending it with my fingers too.

5. Has SPF 25. Protects your face from the harsh ray's of sun -what more can I say?

CONS:

1. After removing my makeup, I notice that there is still slight glimmer of glitter on my face left by the product. However, if you use a oil-based makeup remover, it should go away.

2. It does not give coverage. Since this is only a makeup base and not a foundation, don't be surprised about this.

OTHERS:

I don't wear BB cream or foundation, because I find it really unnecessary for me because I don't have much blemishes on my face aside from the redness of my nose and discoloration of my lips. In all honesty, I only use makeup bases or primer only if I have to go for events or hangouts with my friends so on a daily basis I don't ever use it. However, ever since I got this makeup base, I've been using it 24/7! The makeup base I've been using before this was Benefit's Porefessional.

I don't think it's necessary for BB cream or foundation application after applying this Dior makeup base but if you like it then go ahead!

SWATCHES:




No flash -under evening sun. The not blended product is on the left and directly next to it (right side) is blended product. You can see it has a healthy glow on my skin whereas the left side of my hand looks dead.


All blended on my hand. Nice sheen of shimmer is seen -a nice subtle glow. You can see an obvious difference between my wrist and the back of my hand. 


A closer look of it all blended. Taken with flash.


No flash. 

FINAL THOUGHTS:


It's my ultimate favorite product and I would definitely recommend it to everyone I know! If you do have the chance to drop by a Sephora, do test out this product! You will definitely love it as much as I do!

Do leave your thoughts below! What are your experinces with this product if you have any? If not, does this post make you wish to try it? I'd love to hear them all! 

With love,
Aly





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

Instagram: @alyylyn
Tumblr: lylicae
Twitter: @reilynnn
Google: Aly Lyn
Carousell: @alyylyn