Guerlain Meteorites Compact Light Revealing Powder Review

Hey guys!

Today I'll be reviewing one of my most loved items in my whole makeup collection and that is my Guerlain Light Revealing Meteorites Compact. I got this at Sephora for RM150+ (if I'm not mistaken) in March . However, I checked the price yesterday (19/5/15) it retails for RM217 in Sephora and in Parkson now. The price is crazy.

Here's how it looks like:



It comes with a velvet pouch with the Guerlain insignia printed on it. The compact itself has a very sleek and chic packaging to it. 

How the product looks:



There's a few colors in the compact: pink, green, purple, white and gold. The pink, green and purple helps color correct the face whereas the white and gold lightens the face. 

THE PRODUCT: 

The product has shimmer in them, as the meteorites line is famous for that particular shimmer.

PROS: 

1. You get a nice glow. The shimmer on the product leaves a sheer glimmer on the skin instead of sparkling bits of glitter flakes. The shimmer particles are so fine that it's almost impossible to tell unless you look up close and know what you're trying to look for. I use this powder to set my makeup and it's absolutely perfect -glowing and all. 

2. It smells like flowers. I love scented stuff( I like to smell stuff over and over again and I usually smell things before buying them) so I love taking a whiff at this product before applying. The smell fades after you apply, you can only smell the product in the compact. 

3. It brightens the face. The colors in the product helps brightens the skin internally because it's so subtle. You'll look as though you're fresh and dewy all day long.

4. It's multi-functional. You can use it as itself only, or as a setting powder like I do, or a highlighter or sheer eyeshadow over your lids. You can do whatever you want with it. 

5. It stays for a long time. However if you sweat, it runs off slightly but you're still glowing. 

CONS:

1. The price. Although I'm okay with the price because it's so worth it, I still admit it's expensive. 

2. It's scented. There are many people that don't like scented products and I understand that. But the scent only stays in the compact so I don't think there's much to worry about.

3. Fingerprints everywhere. It makes the whole casing look dirty.

SWATCHES: 

I swatched a horizontal line across my wrist.


How it looks with flash.


No flash.


FINAL THOUGHTS:

I can't complain about this product because this is my love along with Dior Multi-Perfection Makeup Base(you can read my review on that here). If you have the chance to swatch it out, please do! It's an amazing product!

What are your staples? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

Instagram: @alyylyn
Tumblr: lylicae
Twitter: @reilynnn
Google: Aly Lyn
Carousell: @alyylyn